How to use Palo Santo Incense
Palo Santo is a powerful, sacred tree that grows in Peru and other countries in South America. It’s also called “Holy Wood” and has been used for thousands of years by native communities and ancient cultures. Palo Santo is known for its purifying properties, which makes it ideal for cleansing your home and spiritual space!
Find the right place
You can use Palo Santo anywhere, really. But for the most benefit, it’s best to find a place that is safe and comfortable, away from distractions. The best way to do this is by setting up an altar or sacred space in your home or apartment. This can be as simple as placing Palo Santo in a bowl on a table, or you might consider creating an entire shrine dedicated to its use. If you are new to this practice and have never created an altar before, here are some ideas:
- Clean off any surface you want to use before arranging items upon it
- Put out candles or other lighting sources
- A small table with clean surfaces works well for many types of altars
Find the right time
The best time to use palo santo incense is:
- In the morning, as soon as you wake up. Incense will help you get in the right mindset for your day and start it off on a positive note.
- During meditation. Palo santo has been said to help with meditation by clearing negative energy and creating a calming atmosphere, which is great for focusing on helping yourself and others heal from stress or anxiety.
- At work, especially if you have an office job where you work closely with other people. Palo santo can help keep everyone happy and calm, prevent arguments from breaking out between coworkers over small things that shouldn’t matter in the first place (like who took whose stapler), and attract more clients into your company if they like what they smell when passing by!
- After an argument with someone important to you (or anyone else). Using incense after fighting with someone important helps not only heal hurt feelings but also makes sure that no one feels too bitter towards each other going forward—which means less chance of having another argument later down the line!
Find the right intention
Before you begin, it’s important to be clear on your intention. What do you want to do with this incense? Are you trying to heal or cleanse your space, protect yourself from negative energy, or create a positive mood? Creating a goal with specific intentions will help guide your ritual and keep it focused on what matters most. Once you have your intention set, it’s time to choose the incense that best suits your needs. If you’re trying to cleanse a space or create positive energy, consider using Palo Santo with Rue, Rosemary or Eucalyptus! These scents are known for their strong cleansing properties and are often used by practitioners of Feng Shui to create an environment that promotes harmony and good health.
Now that you know how to use Palo Santo incense, try it for yourself! You’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of this amazing plant and find peace in your daily life.